22.10.08

Expeditioners are go!

I believe that our community has actually come to a point where it is crucial for us to see. In the midst of all the shaking and exposing of our weaknesses, I believe that it is important for us to discover what is truly good and stable, to re-discover the foundations that were laid before us that still remain, and will remain. And I saw this for myself last night. As many members of community gathered to pray, I saw the desperation for revelation of a desperate people, ready to lay down and crucify their comforts and cravings, ready to deny flesh leadership over our lives. Ready to be set aside for a holy purpose. We are a people who are deeply dissatisfied with the state of the world, the city, and even our community, and we are a people who have begun preparations. Preparations for change, for reform, for a revolution.

And so for the next 40 days, as we stand together, bound by our deep desire, for fresh insight and for glimpses of what our Creator has begun in heaven, we also join in fasting. Some of us from food, some from facebook (myself included, you'll notice that my profile has disappeared), some from chocolates or snacks. I myself am fasting from my snooze button and I intend to wake up at 7 every morning in order to create space to seek.

Fueledbymaggi will now be a space that will (hopefully) be updated for the next 40 days with my SOAP entries, beginning tonight. As we embark on the journey, I pray that wisdom will not leave us, that understanding will fill our minds. I pray for clarity to be poured into our minds, I pray that our hearts remain pure, I pray for strength each day, I pray that Christ gives us rest, and I pray that we will become a people who find favour in the eyes of our Creator. Father, drop Your thoughts into us, show us Your heart, and lead us on.

And now folks, on with the journey!

No comments: