23.10.08

[Day 2] Proverbs 2

.7 He stores up sound wisdom for the upright and is a shield to those who walk in integrity-

.20 This is how you will walk in the way of good men and will keep to the paths of the righteous.

Solomon insists that fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Chapter 2 starts off with a whole sales pitch for knowledge and understanding, the benefits of embracing wisdom. Wisdom comes from God, and He speaks understanding and knowledge into our hearts. He guards and protects those are upright and walk in integrity (remembering that in chapter 1, Solomon indicates a wise person as one who is morally aware). Solomon then begins describing paths that we shouldn't go down, ending the list with adultery, specifically warning men to avoid slutty women. A man who can steer clear of all these things, the upright and people of integrity will live in the land, but the wicked, the people who act against wisdom, will perish and be removed.

I think wisdom is now so much more to me than just being clever. And I think especially now, wisdom is crucial in my life. To walk upright is incredibly hard, considering the lies that are piled over us every single day. But if we seek the right stuff, the righteous stuff, then there will also be wisdom to reject those lies, we can trust in our Creator's unyielding steadfastness. I believe that money does not equate to success. I believe that self(ish)-gain is self-destruction, especially if that gain involves someone else's loss, as is often the case. I believe that sex was never meant to sell, and neither should selling have anything to do with sex.

Creator, You are holy. Help me understand what You have purposed for this Earth, and allow me to align myself to Your agenda. Father, pour out Your wisdom on me, fill me with understanding of the times. Show me where Your Kingdom has begun, where it will be advanced. Open up my eyes that I may see, and unblock my eyes that I may hear, so that I do not treat Your sons and daughters as any less than the children of the most high King.

No comments: