25.10.08

[Day 3] Proverbs 3

.28 Do not say to your neighbor, "Come back later, I'll give it tomorrow"- when you now have it with you.

I felt a bit of a pang when I saw this one. This week alone, I think this scenario has been played out quite a few times. I'd either be busy doing something else and reluctant to stop what I'm doing to attend to someone else, or I'm feeling lazy, or I simply can't be bothered to help, when it was really within my capacity to help anyway. I think what is even more perverse when I actually then decide to "help" my "neighbor" on the basis that they're nice to me, or I stand to gain, etc.

Father I come to You with a heart that is not content remaining this way. I'm sick of procrastination, I'm sick of excuses. Show me how to love my neighbors as You have loved me. Teach me to stand firm with strength, and not to lie back and seek and sink into comfort.

No comments: