4.5.08

The Heart of God

"Creator... Father, Abba... Abba... how? I love you, my God, I long to worship You... but how? I can't see You, I can't touch you... no image I can conjure up in my head can even begin to scratch the surface of who You are... how do I worship You?"

Can you see yourself giving Me your heart?

"Yeh, but look God, I've got my heart out here in front of me, my hands are outstretched, holding my heart out to... to... I can't see past that God! Beyond that is just... unknown..."

Good. That's what I want from you.





Just a few weeks ago, the space that Life* Expedition uses for its sunday meetings hosted a massive gathering of the church of Melbourne. An incredible weekend, I was given a chance to work at the Forge Grassroots Festival and listen to all the speakers from all over, and to meet sons and daughters of God from all kinds of cultures, dreadlocks, fire twirling. The churches around Melbourne are becoming THE church of Melbourne, and this unity is not some far off dream. This is a vision coming to pass. And that's what The Gathering is about, uniting the church of Melbourne.

I had an opportunity to lay down everything I was carrying, and really just have a chat with this God that I tell people I love.

Giving God our heart is risky business. But not really hey. I was confronted, and I came to a point where I had to ask, am I ready to give m heart to God? To take all my worries, my desires and lift them up to this being I can't see? To give my heart into an unknown future, to trust a plan in which I have no control of?

Well, its not very hard to give someone 10 dollars for a roast chicken. But if you give a million dollars not knowing what to get back... it's a little tougher.






"Well... ok God, I'm ready. I have faith in You... wait... what... what will You give now that I've given You my heart?"

Chris, I will give you My own heart.






Friends, I really just want to call your attention away from all the distractions, problems, inconveniences of the world and take a moment to scale up. What's going on that is bigger than you? And bigger than that?

I've got a God who promised to resurrect me after I die. Friends, I love you, and my love is inspired by a God who redeemed (re-valued) me. He loved me so much that He sent the only son He had to die. And His son, willingly laid down His life for me. Why? I'm a sinner, I lie, I lust, I fall so far short of the mark. How does someone willingly die like that?

Because He understood that death was temporary. He knew the God of life, of resurrection.

Guys... I didn't mean to get preachy, but you have to understand, I'm filled so full, I'm bursting with love...

God loves you. I know because the moment I began to receive His heart, I was overwhelmed with love.


Love and blessings,

Chris

No comments: