1.5.09

Seize the Day!

Ann, I dissected a rat with gloves.

It was pretty funny actually. We had to figure out if we were dissecting a male or a female and let everyone know; that way, those who got males can look at female specimens later on. So... mine didn't have the typical male genitalia. In fact, it looked a lot like the female one (we had diagrams in the notes). On this basis, I concluded it was a female. Fair? (OH, I'VE GOT ANOTHER STORY TO TELL ABOUT DECIDING THE GENDER OF A SUBJECT, but it's rather embarrassing and involves arts students, so ask me about it some other time.)

So to cut a long tale short (get the pun? HEHE), I cut it open, made a diagram of its insides, and... discovered fat pads. Now, the demonstrator mentioned that his specimen was a male and had fat pads, and suggested removing the fat pads. So, I pull out the fat pads, and lo and behold; the thing has balls.

Hmm. So it was a male reproductive organ after all. Oh.

Also... I can't think of a worse time to have been hungry. :(

Anyway, I went shopping today. And by shopping I mean I exchanged money for material goods. And by material goods i mean some shiny new batteries for my Nikon and a few prints of film taken with my lomo. Here are the firstfruits of my coloured flash!


Blue and Pink flash, featuring a Winston. I think its a male.




Ditto.




Yellow flash. Yep, my room was intentionally messy. It's a lot neater now. Really.


After "shopping", I took a walk this afternoon, around Carlton, exploring backlanes and whatnot. I figured since it was such a grey day, it'd be good to take some photos with my Nikon, since I had a whole stack of ISO 3200 film.


(high ISO = high film sensitivity = good in low light)


On my walk, I found something rather interesting, though I think its been there a while. Just thought I'd share with you guys.





Somehow, (I couldn't possibly fathom how, its a mystery) I wound up in Music Swop Shop on Elgin street. There are some really cool secondhand guitars there. I tried out an unassuming no-name (possibly homemade) acoustic, and it blew my mind when I first strummed it. But then I couldn't get it to make that sound again so I decided to put it back. I probably just wanted it to sound good and started imagining it. Then I tried a banjo.

I now want a banjo.

See you round folks!

No comments: