8.5.09

A Man's Gotta Do

What a man's gotta do.

But what does a man have to do?


Is it to

love the Lord your God:

  • with all your heart
  • with all your soul
  • with all your intellect


and to love your neighbour as yourself?



Wednesday night's worship session was great. I think for me, nothing beats sharing a meal with good friends.

And as for "praise and worship", well, these days it's hard to escape from the whole corporate deal of getting as massive a herd of people as you can to get into it; it's been popularised, reduced to some CCM chart.

I'm not trying to say there's no authenticity. But I probably don't believe it's really authentic either. But Wednesday night really gave me something to think about.

It begins with an invitation, into the presence, the peace, the power of a Creator who is actively working in the people you're surrounded by. In a posture of adoration of the Creator, with trust in the friends surrounding you, well, a song is just a song. But in that moment, I rediscovered joy, and joy is not a word I use very often.

So thanks to all my friends who intentionally took a night out of a busy week to gather together and worship. And for everyone who couldn't make it, so sorry about the timing, but we'll definitely do one again soon.





Love,
Chris.

No comments: