30.10.09

Boulders

The past two weeks have been the most trying I've ever had. I can physically feel my shoulders ache, its the biggest fight I've ever fought. The less than ideal sleep patterns, the neverending stream of assignments, projects, and its all culminates today when it'll all end. Supposedly. Top it off with a diagnosis of asthma and a prescription of inhalant steroids. All the coughing's really taken a toll on my ribs, I'm aching all over.

But all of this put some things back into perspective for me, reminded me of what I'd resolved a long time ago. At the very core of it, I've already got nothing left to lose. To the point where I'm broke, homeless and starving, the only thing worse would probably be to die. Which is ultimately my goal anyway. To let go of my life, lay it down, and take it back up again. Morbid, yep, but it does shape the way I spend my time breathing.

Anyway, the day isn't over yet. There's more to do, more to lose, but ultimately more to gain.

No comments: